Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I don't Know What To Title This.../ John Cage... Me, Myself and I

[Editors' note: because of technical difficulties, Aaron Copland and John Cage were forced to write one blog post. However, they were meant to be two. Therefore this blogpost has two titles since it is, in reality, two separate posts. Thank you for your understanding.]
Hi there. My name is Aaron Copland! I was born on November 14th 1990 in Brooklyn, New York. My father was a Russian immigrant from Lithuania. My older sister taught me how to play the piano. When I was 25 I left New York for Paris. There I met a composer named Serge Koussevitsky. He asked me to compose a piece for the Boston Symphony Orchestra. I really liked jazz but in the 1920s I walked away from that style and began composing classical music.
On December 2, 1990, at ninety years of age, I died in North Tarrytown, New York.
Thanks
Copland. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello dearest readers,
I was brought into this world on the day September 5th, 1912, the same year as the Titanic descended into the depths of the ocean. I found other composers' music and put them together, like a puzzle, or a collage or a quilt [Note from editor: Kind of like juxtaposition, except not really]. Much like the people on the Titanic, my heart stopped beating, except many years later on August 12, 1992.
Thank you and goodbye from this side of the world,
John Cage

No comments:

Post a Comment